Sunday, December 7, 2008

Okay, so let's play catch up...

November is a blur of activities... as most of you know. School starts in August and then every weekend until the third weekend in January is booked with school events, holiday activities and family reunions.....plus church stuff.

We had our 22nd annual Thanksgiving feast with Dad's family. It was nice and small this year, only 15 guest instead of the 45 last year. The banini's played with their cousins and watched "Wall-E" on their uncle's huge TV. We adults swapped lies and ate until uncomfortable. We are grateful to have family close to where we live and the opportunities we have to spend time with them.

The oldest Banini participated in the school talent show. He played the piano piece, "Morning" in Peer Gynt by Grieg. His father said he performed well. We are pleased with him for overcoming his stage fright and learning to play, for him, a challenging piece of music. He is a hard worker. He is also going to play the piano in the ward symphony at the upcoming Christmas party. He is learning how to follow a conductor. Painist do not usually have a conductor, so this is a challenge for him also.

The other Baninis are keeping us busy with their antics. Their are a blessing in our lives.


I had a friend speak in church on Thanksgiving weekend and she shared four things for which she is grateful. One, consistency; two, peace; three, knowledge; four, family. ( These are the concepts that stuck in my brain as I held a very squirmy two year old!) All centered around the gospel and what it does when we actively participate in our own salvation. I was grateful for the insightful word usage she utilized. So often we get caught up in rote thankfulness, I found it refreshing to hear different terms applied to basic gospel principles.

On a different note, Dad was successful is getting a picture of the boys together. Enjoy the photos and have a safe, and merry month. We hope each of you enjoy the holidays surrounded by loved ones.


Banini #2 with his giraffe Cece. He loves giraffes and Dad caught him snuggling.




3 comments:

Jenny and Tony said...

OH what good looking boys they are!!! And wee banini, I swear that head is begging for a kiss!!!!

Susan said...

These are such beautiful pictures! I love the bottom one, Christmas card material for sure. I think that it is cute that #1 isn't smiling. LOL! Love you!

mishalee said...

those pictures ROCK! i love those faces...

Project 365