Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fablehaven...

Okay....I admit I have ignored my responsibilities the past two weeks now and have dug into another fun youth book series.

I have really enjoyed reading the first three book of the Fablehaven Series, written by Brandon Mull. Thanks Debbie for the suggestion.

It is a fun story with a TON of imaginary creatures and a good plot. Look it up and you may get hooked too.

New novice of KOTD,

Happy Reading - ME

3 comments:

Debbie's said...

I LOVE the Fablehaven series!! Brace yourself for book #4- by far the most intense yet. I am so psyched for the 5th book set to release this coming Spring :D
I haven't read Leven Thumps yet- are they reminiscent of the Fablehaven books??

Carolyn said...

We got those CDs from a friend for a car trip, and the girls loved them so much that they checked out all the books and read them before I could even start reading the series to all of the kids. So, I never got a chance to read them myself--I will have to now!

Shauna- said...

I really liked the Fablehaven series more than the Leven Thumps series. However, I like both series. I found Fablehaven to be more intense in a imaginary realistic way. Whereas, Leven Thumps is more make believe happening in another place. SO, with that said Fablehaven has more Potter like intense moments. Boyd had me shut the light off in the middle of a chapter one night and it took me a while to go to sleep, because I was in the middle of a scarier chapter. Oh the joys of literature.....

Debbie, you may like Leven Thumps, it is fantasy. Just don't ignore the whole house for it. The books are very easy read, one afternoon could easily get a book done.

Project 365