Monday, October 18, 2010

A Grand Adventure!

I realize that many months have passed since my last entry. Many news worthy events occurred within the last six months. I will highlight four and leave the rest to the past.

1. Jared became engaged to Diana Thayne at the end of March. My mother, the boys and I traveled up to Spanish Fork, UT over Easter/Conference weekend to meet his girl. Diana is wonderful and we were excited to have her join the family. The boys had fun during our trip. I realized I have no pictures, because Dad was at a work conference at the time. - But I will always remember my boys praying for snow twice and receiving the white frozen stuff twice. They loved looking at it, playing in it for about five minutes and then being happy to come inside to play video games again. Justin was the main prayer instigator and he commented both times after he was blessed with the white powder covering the ground outside, "I like it just fine looking at it from inside the window." He would not go out! Nathan did go with his Uncle Jared to build a snowman, something Nathan was really wanting to do. Six months later he still talks about going with Jared to play in the snow together. Thanks Jared!
- on a side note to this trip - I was able to attend General Conference with my two oldest boys in the Conference Center at the Sunday afternoon session. The experience is a memory I will always treasure. Listening in the same room as the Prophet and Apostles of the Lord, the feel of the Spirit testifying the truthfulness of each speakers words, and being among so many Saints at one time was very regenerating to my own testimony.

2. April continued on - Jared and Diana set the date and location for the wedding - July 2 at the Houston Texas Temple! So exciting for so many reasons!

3. May arrived and with it came surprising news! We found out we are expecting our 6th child. In a flurry of end of school activities, we prepared for summer! But alas many of our summer plans were laid aside as pregnancy progressed in its usual, icky pattern for me. Dad and the boys, with the help from my mother and friends, somehow survived the three and half months I spent severely ill in bed. Dad did a great job! The house is still standing, the boys are all alive and Dad is still employed. We found out in August our 6th child is to be a son! We are excited for his arrival in the new year!

4. Jared was married to Diana - I have photographic proof! Amid Hurricane Alex- Dad, Grandma and I were able to be present at their sealing in the Houston, TX temple. Thank you to the Thayne Family and our special Houston friends for all their help!


5. Life here is slowly returning to normal. We went last week to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon! We enjoyed the beautiful fall weather and colorful trees. The Grand Canyon was nice, but I enjoyed the fall foliage more. The boys had a great time hiking and playing at our campsite. We all enjoy being outdoors and away from the city!





Happy Fall!

1 comment:

Debbie's said...

thanks for the update! I love the pictures of your family- you sure know how to make good lookin' boys!

Project 365