Friday, July 10, 2009

July - is it already July??? almost midway too!!!

The phrase, "We have been busy!," is an understatement. Since the last post, we have completed Cub Scout Day camp...I have to attend all three days, a two week camping trip in Yellowstone N.P. and Grand Teton N.P., a dear friend visiting our home, and an emergency trip to Utah (which lasted a week)! Our youngest Banini, after 60+ hours of traveling (not including daily trips), now HATES his car seat. With the above mentioned, WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!

The older two boys loved Cub Scout Day Camp. They were able to shoot arrows, fire pellet guns, run around like crazy pirates lobbing water balloons, make treasure chests, and get as dirty as they wanted. I was even banned from washing the camp shirt between day sessions. Aye, Aye Captain! The younger boys survived and have visions of their turn to attend forthcoming in the future.

Shortly after Day Camp, we ALL journeyed in varying ways to Yellowstone N.P. Dad flew to Cody, WY for a business trip. The Baninis, Grandma and I (we even stopped and picked up an Uncle) drove to Yellowstone N.P. and set up camp. The boys and I snatched Dad from Cody WY and all the fun began. We had a wonderful time camping in both parks. We saw almost all the wildlife we wanted and even enjoyed two brief snow flurries. The best morning in Yellowstone was waking up to our tent covered in real ICE!!! We stayed dry and warm.

The following week we moved camp to Grand Teton N.P. It was dry and warm and absolutely beautiful. We hiked each day and Dad took pictures. The boys enjoy the outdoors and love the freedom camping allows them in exploration and rowdy play.


We arrived at home in time for our friend from Texas to arrive at our home....30 minutes is more than enough time to unload the car from a two week trip, sort the stuff to their various areas and check the house for any damage..... We enjoyed our friend's visit very much and are excited for the family in our ward who was sealed to their newest children. It was a beautiful sealing, 8 of their 10 children were able to be present at the sealing. The entire weekend was spent with their family and we enjoyed celebrating with them this special occasion.

I thought with July 1st, life would calm down at our home.... BIG MISTAKE. My brother had surgery June 30th. All went well with the surgery, but some complications arose and extra help was sorely needed. SO I was blessed to be able to go to Utah with only a couple of hours notice. Thankfully, I had just put everything away from our previous trip, so I had the Baninis and myself packed and out the door within two hours. We stayed a week at my brother's home and we are grateful we came to help. While there, I purchased fireworks and the boys were able to enjoy sparklers and home fireworks for the first time. They had so much fun watching and swishing sparklers.
He is now doing much better and we are HOME!

We send a our Love to our family and friends.

2 comments:

The Allen's said...

beautiful pictures of course shauna! glad you guys havee been having such a good summer break!

AZ said...

Those black and whites are awesome!

Project 365