Monday, March 8, 2010

I missed a month....

of many small and some important activities in our home this month, due to many activities in February.

The most time consuming activities involved Cub Scouts!

I am excited to announce we are fully staffed in our cub scout program...YEAH! This past month we have had a big activity every other weekend. First, POW WOW...it is an awesome resource for all cub scout leaders. It really refills the cup and charges the batteries of enthusiasm. Thankfully Dad handled the Banini's all day and let me get CHARGED for another year of cubbing.

The next two weeks consisted of one birthday and four ear infections in three Banini's, with one eardrum rupturing- OUCH! Plus, soliciting all the local grocery stores in our area for donations for our cub scout fundraiser - A Lasagna Dinner & Sock Hop. A super shout out to Fresh n' Easy Neighborhood Market, Costco, Fry's Marketplace and Neighborhood Walmart. Each store donated supplies for our cub scouts to earn money for cub scout day camp. Shop at Fresh n' Easy and Costco - these stores were especially generous!!!! Thank you!!!!!...Our fundraiser was a success - we had 175 people show up for dinner and stay for our Sock Hop. We had a super DJ and it was fun. We are thinking of making it a traditional activity! ROCK ON!

I then succumbed to the cold the boys had...I wonder why???? No sleep for two weeks + a super activity = Mom gets the boys germs.....

Ten days later, our Pack celebrated 100 years of scouting and 80 years of cub scouts at the annual Blue and Gold Banquet. We tried to keep it simple this year, especially coming right after our fundraiser. We held a giant birthday party. Games, balloons, presents and a 12 layer cake.... We had fun and the boys ate all the cake. Dad really earned the Super Dad award that night. The cake kept starting to tip, so Dad held it up for over an hour until the boys arrived and we had sang our birthday songs. The boys loved the cake and Dad made it possible!!!

No rest....although I did cancel some meetings and celebrated another Banini's birthday. Ten days later and with some very last minute scrambling, I attending my first Webeloree. Banini #1 is a Webelos Scout and I, as the cubmaster and parent, was chosen to attend this event. I learned many things. 1. In the church, rules in regards to cub scouting are subject to interpretation....very interesting (I will stick with the written rules and stay out of the grey area!) 2. More food is needed at night for dinner and less food is needed in the morning. We had a shortage of dinner and an abundance of breakfast - go figure. 3. Ten year old boys are emotionally unstable, (think rollercoaster..) 5. I can be patient at 5:30 am....even if I don't want to... Overall, it was a great experience.

Hopefully this month I will spend a bit more time with Dad and the Banini's. At least we will be getting our cars ready for the pine wood derby.....

3 comments:

Burgess said...

wow. I think you're super mommy. I feel really incompetent as a monther of 1. How in the world do you do it???

Montessori Tree House said...

I am NOT a super mommy. I have the messiest house in the neighborhood, just ask my kids, husband or mother.... I leave a great many things undone. I only hope I do not leave the most important things undone... my responsibilities to teach my boys about Heavenly Father and the requirements of an eternal family.. Burgess, I think you are a terrific mother...your child is so articulate and well behaved...my own boys babble incoherently and are constantly into things!!!! We each shine in our own way, lighting up the world around us in a beautiful way.

Montessori Tree House said...

Okay...I mean when my boys are two and even still at 3 years old sometimes, their speech is very difficult to understand..... My older guys have no problems now! (All of them are very wiggly still!) Just wanted to clarify...my kids do read my blog and do not want to misrepresent my older boys....*wink!

Project 365