Monday, March 29, 2010

March

March roared in with a lion and will go out like a lamb...is that the saying? Well it may have some truth.

We enjoyed a wonderful spring break. We spent three days in CA visiting my Grandparents. The boys were spoiled endlessly by my Grandma. She works harder than any woman I have ever met. At age 83, she continues to care for my Grandpa (who is not doing very well), maintain the house, manage the shopping, errands and doctor's appts. and still be socially active with her friends. She even had her delicious homemade cookies for my boys ready when we came. ((I had hoped she would just keep it simple.)) I don't think we change very much as we get older. I mean our work habits - if you are a hard worker, you continue to work hard. My grandma grew up in Austria during WW2. She learned self reliance - to work hard, to reuse, and to go without if necessary. She has applied those lessons learned in her childhood throughout her life. Now, when she should be pampered herself, she continues to work hard and pamper others. I will always treasure the time spent with my Grandma. I hope, at the very least, my older boys will always treasure her too!

The second part of our break was spent camping in Chiricahua National Forest. I love camping. This was a much needed break for our family. Just Dad, the Boys and I went for five days. Although Boyd was sick most of the trip, I was able to relax a bit. It was nice to have no phone, no e-mails, no neighbors, no callings - just my Husband and Boys! The boys played in the creek most of the time. (Banini #5 stayed in camp with me! - with a little help.) When Dad was feeling better, he took Banini #1 on the Heart of the Rocks hike - approx. 9 miles of hiking. I stayed at camp with the younger ones and actually sat quiet in my chair for about 2 minutes and just listened to the woods!! On the way home we enjoyed the beautiful wildflowers. Dad even snapped some photos for me!!

After break was done, my Brother announced his engagement to his Girl! We are excited for them. We are going up Easter weekend to meet her and spend some time with my Brother. So excited to have a new sister! - I am so excited about a summer wedding! (hopefully it will be cooler than my wedding)

One last note - we had our pinewood derby last Saturday. The boys built their cars and we went a racing. (Usually we race to last place and we learn good sportsmanship.) This year I even had a prayer with Banini #2 to help him know Heavenly Father would help him accept whatever happened! Well with that said, the boys' cars surprised us completely. Banini #2 took first in his den and Banini #1 took first in the pack! Yeah for small miracles!!

I will have Boyd help me post pictures later.

We send our love to our family and our friends.

No comments:

Project 365