We are on spring break this upcoming week!!! No school, no afterschool, no stress about where we have to be by what time or else... Yeah! I love having my boys home on my timetable. I look forward to all school breaks and summer vacation. It is nice to go to the zoo at 9:30, leave when we want to and not have to rush. I like making breakfast late, because I started a project and want to finish before I go to another task. I like making lunches for everyone at lunch time and not half the family at 5:30 am. Dad is staying home this week with us and we are following the primary scripture for the month, and bringing order to our home once again.
Yesterday, we began with our spring cleaning. It is so nice to lay in bed at night and know you accomplished many tasks. We washed and scraped the trim of our house, we dug out the flower bed, planted flower seeds, we planted our 30+ vegetable plants we seeded about 3 weeks ago, we purchased 3 fruit trees (YEAH!!!!), trimmed the bushes in front of the house, fertilized almost everything (the outside is so fragrant now) and I of course had to go shopping. We found orange and red wheels for our pinewood derby cars.
Both Banini#1 and Banini#2 are racing in the derby this year. A very terrific den leader cut out the cars for the boys at den meeting this week, so all the boys have to do now is sand, paint and precision weight. Our pinewood derby is on this upcoming Saturday. I am grateful for Den Leaders who have skills I do not have. As Cub Master, it is nice to see others helping the cub scouts, especially with areas I could not have been much help. In primary, we are learning the song, My Eternal Family. I have been preparing how to teach this song to the children. It is a fun, upbeat tune which emphasize how we must work to build our eternal family. I like the song.
I will post pictures Dad takes as the week goes on. We send our love to all and hope you have fun this week too! Cheers.
I
3 comments:
Enjoy your Spring Break. May it be productive and fun at the same time. We sure enjoyed ours and now we are back to our regular scheduled programs. LOL! We love you!
I'm so happy that you are getting so much done! Thanks for the inspiration.
Your boys are so cute! I hope spring break was all you wanted it to be. Things are starting to bloom here!
Post a Comment